As an offshoot of Simple Wish, we wanted a way to honor our veterans. Having McGuire Veterans Hospital as a neighbor affords us the opportunity to be in contact with many military men and women that are now recovering from injuries received protecting our country. Working with the Fisher House, we grant wishes to veterans and their family members.
We are working through the Fisher House (TM) at McGuire Veterans Hospital in Richmond, to grant our wounded veterans simple wishes such as:
- Dinner out with spouse
- Birthday gift
- I love you gift to spouse or child
A SIMPLE WISH REFERRAL PROCESS
- Referral forms are to be filled out by VA Facility Staff then scanned, emailed or faxed to our wish liaison. Fax: 804-275-8052. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than happy to help with paperwork
- Our Liaison reviews & sends to the “WISH TEAM.”
- The Wish Team reviews & grades the request based on:
- The timing of the requested wish and the prognosis of patient.
- Wish request appropriateness.
- Grant reality (If it is a realistic wish to grant.)
- Once the wish team approves the wish they notify the veteran’s liaison at Morrissett. Then the liaison coordinates the granting of the wish with the veteran’s facility and the veteran.
- Thursday is the weekly cut-off for the following week of wish granting.
There is no financial obligation borne by the VA Facility or VA personnel..
Currently we are funded to grant a wish a week
We are partnering with our local veteran organizations to make this program successful and meaningful to our community. The veteran providers have selected team members to be a part of our foundation Board of Directors. Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service will provide the funding. Veteran personnel will be an intricate part of the referral and selection process of the “wish” recipients. The wishes will be granted on a weekly basis.
MORRISSETT FUNERAL AND CREMATION SERVICESWISH TEAM
Wish Team: 804-363-7405 | Office: 804-275-7828 | Fax: 866-708-3124